Landscaping is an extensive process. First, a landscaping service will plan and design your landscape. It will involve laying out the entire design to understand better the changes that will occur.
That is why many people wonder how much does it cost to have a landscape design. Don’t worry. We have all the answers for you in this guide.
Factors That Affect The Cost Of Landscape Design
Before we answer how much does it cost for landscape design, you need to understand the various factors that will affect the cost. These include:
- Size of your property
- The topography of your property
- Design elements you want, such as water features, patio, fire pit, etc.
- The degree of detail that is required to plan the landscape design
- The expertise and experience of the landscape service
As a general rule of thumb, the more features you want and the bigger your property is, the higher the cost will be. That is because it will require more planning, designing, and materials to execute the job. Besides that, the total time required to execute the job will also affect the cost of landscape design.
What Is Included In Landscape Design?
How much does landscape design cost also depends on the services the landscape designer offers. These can include:
- Take measurements and analyzing the property
- Creating a base plan
- Researching your property limitations, codes, and much more
- Drafting a landscape design concept
- Reviewing the design with you
- Making any changes you require to create a master plans
- Drafting the details of landscape design
- Reviewing the final plan
The process is long, and that is why many designers charge more. Time is money and the more time goes into planning, the higher your cost will be.
How Much Does Landscape Design Cost?
Now that you know all the factors and elements that affect landscape design, here is what you need to know about the cost:
- The national average cost for landscape design can vary anywhere between $2,500 to $4,500
- Some landscape designers can charge a consultation fee before taking your project. The fee can vary anywhere between $100 to $300
- If it is a small or specialized job, you may be charged per hour. That can range anywhere between $50 to $100
- If the project is big, you may be charged per square foot. You can be charged anywhere between $5 to $15 per square foot
- Crew members will also affect the cost. Prices range between $25 to $50 for each crew member working per hour
So, in short, your cost can total anywhere between $3,000 to $15,000 and above. The smaller your project is, the less cost you will have to incur.
We hope that we have answered your question of how much does it cost to have a landscape design. If you are looking for the best landscaping service in the Eastside, feel free to get in touch with us now at 425-549-5147. We will try to work under your budget and provide you a landscape service you will never forget. Also, visit us at www.bearcreeklandscaping.com and stay connected with us by following our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bclandscaping1.